2012–2016 tourism strategy: green, active, healthy SloveniaLjubljana – At today’s session, the Government approved the tourism strategy for the 2012–2016 period, in which Slovenia as a tourist destination is promoted with the slogan ‘Green, active, healthy Slovenia’, as pristine nature is Slovenia’s biggest competitive asset.
Tourism is a major business sector in Slovenia, which will contribute to creating environmental, economic, social and cultural welfare in the future, generate income and help create jobs, while enhancing Slovenia’s international reputation.
The goals of Slovenian tourism in the period between 2012 and 2016 is to increase tourist-related activities (turnover: income and profit from hospitality and tourism industries, the number of tourists, the number of overnight stays) as follows:
- the number of overnight stays: 2% (annual growth),
- the number of tourists: 4% (annual growth),
- income from travel exports: 6-8% (annual growth).
Therefore, Slovenia will consistently apply the principles of sustainable development of tourism and seek to achieve a higher quality of tourist services.
On the basis of the guidelines adopted in the previous strategic period, the following principle areas of tourist offer will also be stressed in 2012–2016:
- health and well-being (spas, health resorts, medical tourism),
- active holidays and stay (activities for the winter and summer),
- tourism in the countryside, natural parks, ecotourism,
- business tourism,
- cities and culture,
- youth tourism,
- casinos tourism,